Now I know you're watching

Tuesday 21 February 2012

If I were the boss


I think a boss should be someone you aspire to be like, someone who has ambition, drive and intelligence.

Now, please allow me to say this: I used to work for the WORST boss in the world! Her level of intelligence is, lacking, to put it mildly. She allowed inexperienced 20-something year olds to run her company, AND tell her what to do.  She had absolutely no guidance to give me. The chances of me wanting to be anything like her are slim-to-none.

So, that brings me to the topic at hand: If I were the boss. ..

Firstly I would fire V#@$@#$ H!@#@#!@’ s ass! She has no place in the corporate environment, anyway.

Then, I would work hard to achieve my goals – this has always been a trait of mine.

I would use a top-down and bottom-up approach to business – ensuring that I can give instruction but also listen to the opinions of my staff, they add value to your projects and you cannot do it on your own.  

I would strive to be the best example an employee could want – I would like my staff to always lookup to me with respect and admiration, not only for my work ethic but also as a person.

One thing I learnt from an editor I used to work under was that you can have a balance between friendship and work, and still have a successful business. When your staff appreciates you as their superior, they will respect you and also have a deeper desire to work hard.

I know I might sound naïve, thinking that running a business is as easy as I make it sound, but I have seen the success of entrepreneurs who choose to run their businesses with respect and hard work.

If I shape my staff using my hard work and dedication as a template, I know my business can be a success.

Of course, guidance from the experienced will always have its place in success.



Sourced: The Savvy Guide 


2 comments:

  1. You would set a great example as a boss Kelly. I love the way you wrote this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kouthar, I hope I can set an example for my staff one day. However, I'm happy to be a staff member for the moment. lol

      Delete