Now I know you're watching

Thursday 10 May 2012

It is better to practice a little than to talk a lot


I have experienced the importance of practicing more than you talk. In my first year as a journalism student I was told that I would buckle under the pressure and that I would not be able to keep up with the other students. This is when I decided to practice and not talk. My first year I passed with distinction, and in my final year I was one of the top ten students in my class. In your face, doubters!

Then I decided to tackle public relations, currently I am completing my BTech, and during the first few days I was underestimated, my fellow classmates assumed that I would not be able to handle the pressure. Again, I decided to practice and not talk. For my first assignment I got 72%, while many other students who had more experience than me didn’t even pass it.

So it is most definitely better to practice a little than to talk a lot. Showing that you can do something is better than saying that you can. 

That's me on my graduation :) my loved one next to me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment