Now I know you're watching

Monday 30 April 2012

The sound of one hand clapping


There is only one person I could think of when I read this title – that is my dear friend, Samantha Carolissen. She was born with only one ligament, her arm.

Whenever I see her I am warmed with pride. She has accomplished so many great things, despite her disability. The list of her achievements is something to admire, as a fully able person and even other disabled people. Currently she is 29 years old, her achievements are as follows: she got her licence (with only one ligament), she bought herself a car (not her mother), she completed her BTech and is currently working at one of South Africa’s most influential corporations: Eskom.

She is a shining example, not matter what she goes through somehow she always managers to find something smile about, even if sometimes she isn’t smiling on the inside.

I applaud her for her courageous attitude, and in honour of her I will use only my left hand. That’s the sound of one hand clapping. 

Samantha having fun like any other :)
Apologies for the side pic lol


No comments:

Post a Comment